There are a lot of scary things going on in the world today. Combine that with the imagination of movie producers and writers, and you may never want to leave your home. We have compiled a list of movies that you may not want to watch before planning that dream trip.
- Hostel 1, 2 & 3: So apparently it took 3 movies to realize that you have to be careful when staying at a Hostel. SMH, should have spent the extra money for the resort!!
- Taken 1, 2, & 3: So, I really like this movie, despite the unlikelihood of all these events happening. What we did learn was 1. If your father saves you and kills everyone in the process, there will be retaliation 2. You probably shouldn’t go back abroad after you have been saved from horrific human traffickers and 3. Apparently they have passports as well…who would have thought!
- Dracula: Aww, Dracula, the man who seduces you and either decides to kill you, or give you eternal life. Decisions, decisions. Despite this movie Transylvania is on the list of places to visit.
- Anaconda: This most definitely was not what Nicki Minaj was referring to in her song!! I am all about a jungle adventure, but combine a film crew and a mad man taking hostages, and you apparently can make a gigantic snake very mad. And you thought the mosquitoes were big!!
- Texas Chain Saw Massacre: Texas is a great place to travel, except when there is a chainsaw wielding deformed maniac on the loose.
- Flight 7500: Long flight to Tokyo, why not catch a redeye, I’ll get some good sleep, and will be well rested when I arrive. NOT!! Of course there is some ghostly entity threatening the lives of all. And I thought turbulence was bad!!!
- The Pyramid: So, of course Egypt is on the list of places the Naturalistas will be visiting. Though we do not plan on participating in any archeological digs, this movie makes you feel a little uneasy about visiting the pyramids.
- American Werewolf in Paris, London, and where ever else he wants to travel: This Werewolf has more frequent flier miles than any of the other movie monsters. Young unsuspecting guy, follows hot girl in club, gets turned into werewolf. Note to self: No falling in love in the club!!!
- No Vacancy: So you decide to be frugal Felicia, knowing that your car has no business being driven outside of town, let alone on a road trip. And on top of this none of your friends saw a problem with this idea. SMH, now you all must stay at a Bates like motel, and pray you make it through the night… Good Luck!!!
- Cabin in the Woods: Classic story of booking a “great deal”, with a big cost…your life. And inspite of all the redflags ie., creepy towns people, you decide that this is going to be a great vacation.
- Open Water: So snorkeling and scuba diving are great things to do while on vacation…..only if the tour boat operators remember that you are on the excursion. What is the purpose of the wrist bands, and list people!!
- Turistas: Dream vacation, beautiful friends, beautiful island, and of course some scammers who are more friendly than Mr. Rogers! No surprise they drug you, rob you, and lead you to your death. Yea, best vacation EVER!!
- Jeepers Creepers: Last but not least, one of the creepiest movies to land in the arena of road trips. A creature who only comes out of hibernation every few decades, who ironically has maintained a license, go figure. Of course this would be the time that you are heading home through a long country road, where even Verizon “can’t hear you now”!!
So, here is our list of creepy movies you may want to avoid before planning that “dream” vacation!! What movies have made you feel uneasy about traveling? Naturalistas would love to know?
In all seriousness, your safety is important to the Naturalistas, so check out our post 11 Ways to Safely Travel Abroad.